What is Process Serving?

Service of process is the procedure employed to give legal notice to a person (such as a defendant) of a court or administrative body's exercise of its jurisdiction over that person so as to enable that person to respond to the proceeding before the court, body or other tribunal. Usually, notice is furnished by delivering a set of court documents (called "process") to the person to be served. We serve documents throughout the Okanagan Valley with offices in Kelowna & Vernon B.C.

What does a Process Server do?

A process server will take the documents for service and serve them upon the individual or company required to receive same. At the time of service our process servers will request identification from the recipient

Once the document has been served, the process server will make a note of the date and time of service and manner of service for preparation of the Affidavit of Service

What is an affidavit of service?

An affidavit of service is a legal document completed by your process server outlining where, when and on whom the documents, summonses etc. were served. The affidavit is sworn before and signed by a lawyer, notary public, justice of the peace or commissioner of oaths. Affidavits of service must be completed properly, signed and filed in court before the court will acknowledge that a given person has been served and must therefore attend court. An affidavit of service is a necessary to prove service of documents.

Why should I hire a process server and not serve legal documents myself?

In Small Claims Court, Family Court, Provincial Court, and Supreme Court it is to your benefit to hire a professional process server to serve your Plaintiff’s Claim or Statement of Claim. Often, Judges will recognize the process server and will believe that the document was served in a proper manner. Should you try and serve the Plaintiff’s Claim yourself, and the Defendant disputes service, you may have a more difficult time proving you did serve it

Defendants will react unpredictably when being served a legal document as court can be an intimidating ordeal to learn about. Having a professional serve your Plaintiff’s Claim for you will eliminate animosity between yourself and the defendant and ensure both sides of the dispute save face.

What kinds of documents will your company serve?

We will serve any document that you have. This includes Family court, Civil Court, Small Claims Court, Criminal Court, Provincial Court, Superior Court, Tenancy Branch, and all forms of Summonses, Subpoenas. If you have it, we will serve it throughout the Okanagan Valley with offices in Kelowna & Vernon B.C.

How do I get my documents to you?

You can send them to us by Email, Fax, Post, or Courier; you can drop them off to us or we can arrange to pick them up without charge within Greater Kelowna & Greater Vernon. Documents sent electronically or by Fax are immediately transferred into a secure envelope for delivery. You choose the method you prefer call 1-888-503-5066 to make arrangements.

Tell me about your pricing structure

While others may advertise a low ‘lead-in’ price subject to many additional charges; ‘service fees’, ‘extra fees’, ‘time charges’, ‘mileage charges’, ‘surcharges’ etc. that can amount to several times the original quote, we know you are looking for successful delivery… without unpleasant surprises. This is why we offer no-surprise, flat-rate, economical pricing that is the best value in Kelowna & Vernon and throughout the Okanagan Valley.

How can I pay for the service?

We accept Visa, MasterCard, and Debit Card on our ‘Place Order’ page. You can also pay by these methods if we are picking up your documents in Greater Kelowna & Greater Vernon. Visa/MasterCard by phone is also an accepted payment method.

Corporate clients are invoiced catering to their individual needs.

Can I recover the costs of your services in court from a defendant?

It is usual that if you win a judgment in civil or small claims court you may well be able to include costs associated with serving parties to the claim. We will provide you with an invoice for this purpose.

What is Skip Tracing?

Skiptracing (also skip tracing) is a colloquial term used to describe the process of locating a person's whereabouts for any number of purposes. A skiptracer is someone who performs this task, which may be the person's primary occupation. The term comes from the word "skip" being used to describe the person being searched for, and comes from the idiomatic expression "to skip town," meaning to depart, perhaps in a rush, and leaving minimal clues behind for someone to "trace" the "skip" to a new location.

We provide the above services for $65.00 per hour.

Do you have useful links to help me in the process?

The Courts of British Columbia

The Provincial Court of British Columbia

Court Services Online

BC Small Claims Court

Residential Tenancy Branch

BC Family Court

Kelowna Process Servers

Vernon Process Servers

okanagan_process_servers,_kelowna_bc,_vernon_bc003001.jpg okanagan_process_servers,_kelowna_bc,_vernon_bc001005.jpg

View Larger Map

View Larger Map
Copyright (C) 2011 Stone Pillow Worldwide Media Group
101-1865 Dilworth Dr.
Suite # 327
Kelowna, B.C.
3104-30th Avenue
Suite # 362
Vernon, B.C.
Luke Romanchuk
John Romanchuk, BA, CIP
Professional Liability
Errors and Omissions,
And Commercial  General Liability Insurance
Protecting YOU with:
okanagan_process_servers,_kelowna_bc,_vernon_bc001002.jpg okanagan_process_servers,_kelowna_bc,_vernon_bc001001.jpg